Significantly REDUCE or ELIMINATE toxic chemicals you apply on your body, in your home and around your home.
“It may shock you to learn that of the 100,000 chemicals that are commonly used in commerce, most have not been studied as to their ability to affect our health” ~Devra Davis, PhD…excerpt from Super Natural Homes
*We have no public record of the toxicity of the 3 out of 4 of the top 3,000 chemicals in use today.
The affect of chemicals to our health
You never really think that living in your home could make you tired, irritable, or even sick, but ove time your body may absorb a number of potentially toxic substances hiding there. These chemicals may exacerbate:
- allergies and asthma
- eye, nose and throat irritation
- flu like symptoms
- skin irritation
- devastating chronic diseases bulleted below
There is growing agreement across the political spectrum that the 1976 Toxic Substances Control Act (TSCA) does not do enough to protect Americans from toxic chemicals. Until this changes, it’s up to you to make smart choices to keep your home as chemical free as possible from the cosmetics and creams you apply to your face to the detergent and cleaning agents you use to keep your home and it’s contents clean and sparkly. Much has changed since 1976: chemicals have become more pervasive in daily life and scientists have developed a better understanding of how toxic chemicals are connected to some of our country’s most serious health problems, including childhood cancers, asthma, impaired fertility, birth defects, and learning disabilities.
Chronic disease is on the rise
- Leukemia, brain cancer, and other childhood cancers have increased by more than 20% since 1975
- Breast cancer went up by 40% between 1973 and 1998. While breast cancer rates have declined since 2003, a woman’s lifetime risk of breast cancer is now 1 in 8, up from 1 in 10 in 1973.
- Asthma prevalence approximately doubled between 1980 and 1995 and has stayed at the elevated rate.
- Difficulty in conceiving and maintaining a pregnancy affected 40% more women in 2002 than in 1982. The incidence of reported difficulty has almost doubled in younger women ages 18–25.
- The birth defect resulting in undescended testes has increased 200% between 1970 and 1993.
- Since the early 1990s, reported cases of autism spectrum disorder have increased tenfold.
Chronic disease is linked to chemical exposure
- The last 30 years of environmental health science shows that small amounts of chemicals can have long-term effects when the exposure comes at vulnerable times of development. New studies have linked early life exposure to chemicals and the later diagnosis of breast and testicular cancer, learning and developmental disabilities, and Alzheimer’s disease.
- Scientists have linked chemicals in building products, plastics, personal care products, and household cleaners to impairment to the reproductive system, increased risk of certain types of cancer, asthma, and developmental disabilities.
- Over the past decade, the Centers for Disease Control and Prevention (CDC) has published data showing that exposures to chemicals like phthalates, bisphenol A (BPA), perfluorinated compounds, and cadmium are common. The CDC reports that almost everyone has these chemicals in their bodies.
Federal policy regulating chemicals is ineffective
- In the 34 years since TSCA was enacted, the Environmental Protection Agency (EPA) has been able to require testing on just 200 of the more than 80,000 chemicals produced and used in the U.S., and just five chemicals have been regulated under this law.
- All 62,000 chemicals formulated prior to 1976 were grandfathered in for use with no requirement that they be tested or shown to be safe.
- The EPA tried to use TSCA to restrict asbestos 20 years ago and failed. Since then, EPA hasn’t tried again to use TSCA to ban any dangerous chemical.
Content provided by: http://www.saferchemicals.org/resources/health.html &
Super Natural Homes, by Beth Green
HERE’S WHAT I TEACH OUR COACHES AND HOW I EMPOWER OUR CLIENTS TO MAKE THE TRANSITION FROM CHEMICAL SEA TO TOXIN FREE
CLICK ON IMAGE TO LEARN MORE