One of my greatest goals in life was to have…
I’ll never forget the days when I was a financial advisor and I’d be presenting retirement saving strategies either at a lunch and learn with hundreds of corporate employees, or in front of clients asking the to sign life insurance applications, and I was insecure. Do you or have you ever felt:
TOO INSECURE TO LIFT YOUR ARMS BECAUSE … PIT STAINS…
Those DREADED pit stains.
Rightfully so, better than $hit stains (am I right?)
So anyway, back to pit pity, I stopped wearing silk shirts.
And I started wearing Mitchum (do NOT let your beautiful teenage daughters use this) so I didn’t sweat at all.
HORRIBLE HORRIBLE to do as that’s like asking your butt not to poop.
#1 – You’re PREVENTING Detox when you wear Anti Perspirants
Wearing anti-perspirant is like plugging a cork in your butt and saying ‘No more $hit from you’.
Don’t you wonder…where do the toxins go that are TRYING to come out of our body naturally, but we’re not letting them? Hmmmm, it starts in fat cells. When toxicity can’t get out, the body says ‘Ok we’ll just put it right here in this fat cell, so as not to cause a threat to our organs’. Which we may then infer:
#2 – Anti Perspirants Cause Weight Gain
95% of Deodorants at the Grocery Store make us FAT
#3 – They Cause CANCER
Oh and not to mention, the awful ingredients in it that inject cancer causing toxins into our anatomical neighbors otherwise known as BOOBS. Breast cancer being the #1 cancer type for women, ask yourself:
When choosing between pit stains vs cancer, which one is more important to me to prevent?
Lest we forget…SWEATING – That’s how our body detox’s itself through the skin – among others – by urinating, poop’ing, breathing, PMS (for women). We need to let…that…shit…OUT. Let it go. Your body is TRYING to be the security guard, escorting the bad guys out and when we slather on the ‘Secrets’ and ‘Mitchum’s of the deodorant aisle, we’re saying:
‘Nah, he’s cool. Let him stay. I know he has a loaded gun and is deadly, but he’s sexy, so we’ll just take a risk and keep him here’.
Yep it’s EXACLY like that.
Cause guess what?
Were you born thinking it was bad or disgusting to sweat?
Or were you TOLD it was?
#4 – It’s HOT and SO NATURAL to Sweat!
I’ve traveled the world extensively and have witnessed the following:
- In India, the natives smell pretty pungent, and have pit stains for days. When I first arrived for my 2 months there, I thought it nasty, but then acclimated to it. They probably thought I smelled chemical’y and was weird for having no armpit hair.
- In Mexico, less women pay attention to the dark hairs on and around their face.
- In Europe, many don’t shave NOR wear deodorant. When I played pro soccer in Germany, I saw more hair on women’s pits and private parts than I had hair on my head. At first it daunted me in the locker room, but after years of research, I realized that WE are the stupid ones. The function of hair on these parts, is to protect the toxin collectors and processors of our body called LYMPH that when we are hairless, they’re exposed to more crap, and have to work harder to filter it out. More is likely to back up in the lymph, which is the REAL reason our blood lab tests come back unfavorable, such as high cholesterol, high acids, inflammatory markers and more. Do these cats look MORE or LESS likely to survive a spring season outside than super hairy ones?
ARMPITS, OUR GODDESS GARDENS (Reproductive organs), FACE/NECK/CHEST are the areas with more lymph than anywhere in the body…although there are over lymph nodes all throughout the body, these are the areas for major players.
The body has between 501 and 700 lymph nodes (the number of nodes varies from individual to individual). About half of the nodes are in the middle of your body (stomach or abdominal cavity). The lymph nodes near your armpits and groin have about 100 nodes. So this is just one way to prevent back up of toxicity…using natural deodorant. Can you think of other ways you’re doing the same in other parts of your body?
Back to PITS THAT SMELL LIKE DESSERT!
So unless you want to clog up another part of your body, such as your face, and add more pimples to it, wear NATURAL DEODORANT, and…
#5 – Chemicals in Antiperspirants Cause Infertility & Depression
DITCH THE ALUMINUM, PARABEN CONTAINING CRAP with fake scent and all kinds of other cancer causing toxins and endocrine disrupting chemicals that inspire too many negative symptoms to list, the most common I see plaguing women is infertility and depression…
Start making your own from home.
It takes less than 5 minutes, saves you tons of money and you’ll attract more boys because they’ll want to eat your pits. Well, and the things next to it too of course! 😉
#6 – If your sweat SMELLS BAD, it’s a sign of Gut Disease, Toxicity and Indigestion
Hence, why I created The Warrior Cleanse AND The Sexy Belly Guide Ebook. If you’re lexapro healthy in your gut, you’re far less likely to have pit odor – not to mention foot, mouth and Goddess Garden stench resembling that of our gym bag.
#7 – Coconut Oil is THE BEST Natural Alternative for Anti Perspirant
Coconut oil is not AS effect as anti perspirant (not perspiring), but it absorbs wetness. AND like anything else, your MAGICAL BODY will adapt and likely sweat LESS because you’re FINALLY letting the trapped toxins OUT.
And most importantly, coconut oil wins the show with these added benefits:
- anti viral
- anti fungal
- anti bacterial
- anti parasitic
These ‘bad bugs’ are collectively known as ‘pathogens’. Those little farts are the ones that make us smell bad to begin with. So if we actually rid the body of these farts that are housed in the lymph layers just beneath our skin, we are LESS LIKELY TO SMELL and furthermore…we reduce our likelihood for OTHER skin problems such as: cellulite, skin cancer, acne, signs of aging, wrinkles, brown spots, patchy hair, hair loss, rashes and more.
Can I get a ‘heck yes’?
I bet you had NO IDEA your pits were that much of a team player in our beauty and booty health, huh?
But ya know…that’s what I’m here for.
By now you’re likely sweating with anticipation, so I’ll contribute to your anti perspiration by offering this up:
THE BEST NATURAL DIY DEODORANT RECIPE
- 1/4 cup baking soda
- 1/4 cup arrow root powder (or corn starch if not vegan)
- 5 tablespoons coconut oil
- OPTIONAL: I add 5-15 drops of Essential Oils (I use THESE)
Which Essential Oils Should I use in my DIY Deodorant?
The BEST answer is ‘the one you’ll be most likely to love and hence use’. I suggest putting at least one oil into your mix with antiseptic/antibacterial properties. I’ve tried all of these in mine:
- lemongrass (smells SUPER fresh and clean)
- lavender (smells amazing, best known for calming and healing skin wounds)
- tea tree (good for high fungus, Candida, skin sensitive warriors)
- lemon (alkalizing, toxin busting)
How many Drops of Essential Oils should I use?
Lemon and lemongrass oils, for example, are very strong. Just a few drops will do the trick in this DIY deodorant recipe, where something less powerful like lavender takes 15-20 drops. OR you can use a blend combo of 5 drops each. My favorite is Serenity (a DoTERRA blend), infused with lavender and vanilla … holy lickable armpits. Whoa!
My advice when getting used to essential oils is to start small. Add a few drops, mix, smell, repeat. You can always add more, but you can’t take away. Especially for overly toxic warriors, suffering from migraines, hormonal imbalances, immune overreaction, sinus congestion, allergy sufferers….who are much more sensitive to scents.
Combine baking soda and arrow root powder in a bowl and mix with a fork. Start with about 4 tablespoons of coconut oil and add it to the baking soda mixture, working it into a paste. You can store the deodorant in a small, air-tight container or put it into an empty deodorant stick dispenser. These essential oil tools and more are listed in my Amazon Store here, under Essential Oil Tools.
How to Apply Your DIY Deodorant
It’s best to apply this right out of the shower. Grab your deodorant container, dip your dry fingers in, and pat the deodorant onto your pits. Advised to do it over the sink, because it can be a little crumby and messy, so let the residue fly down the sink rather than onto your floor or clothes. Pat – don’t rub – until the powder is no longer visible on your pits, and you’re good to go.
You are now free to flap your arms about the country.
And just say ‘who cares’ to pit stains and say ‘no’ to OTC deodorant…from now on.
Here are the essential oils I recommend.
Please do NOT buy them from Amazon for a number of reasons:
- You’re unfamiliar with whom you’re buying them from. They could be improperly sourced, stored and shipped.
- You’ll pay more.
- You’ll miss out on being in my family of Essential Oil, DIY Home/Body Makeover Warriors. Where, bloggers like me who spend hours and our lives sharing our successes and recipes like this, earn bits of commission on products we test, trust, love and recommend, so YOU don’t have to do all the research yourself. Plus you’ll have SO MUCH fun with us. It’s a great way to get ‘free health advice’ from me and my team. Not to say that it’s the end all, as everyone who works directly one on one with me goes DEEPER than anyone reading just my blogs or watching my videos, but for those who are just getting their feet wet or who can’t afford the investment of working with me, THIS is a great start.
I recommend the Home Essentials Kit to everyone getting started as it’s the best bang for your buck and has 90% of what you need to jumpstart your Home/Body/Lifestyle Makeover. Read more on the HOME ESSENTIALS KIT HERE.
And if you want to TRY BEFORE YOU BUY, here’s a link for you to submit your request.
Limited supplies only so get them now while they last.