Warriors! Totally sending massive Bali love from the islands! I’ve been on the path for over 2 weeks now and my challenge has been ‘how accessible is healthy eating and fun fitness?’…among other things of course like internet testing my patience and language barriers 🙂
Eating healthy whilst traveling…here’s my:
TOP 5 TIPS TO TRAVEL HEALTHY
First of all, this is THE best thing I’ve ever done for my body…EVER.
I did my own WARRIOR CLEANSE before I left and then started back up again full swing when I got home to detox travel toxins. I used the Build a Plate tips while on my journey as well as had a HydroColon therapy session at the YOGA BARN in Ubud to further flush. I talk allll about colon health and how to get a flat tummy, a 6 pack (or traces of) as well as boosting your energy and immunity (AND TONS MORE) in this program.
So before you go, CHECK OUT THE WARRIOR CLEANSE.
1) Next, do some research before you depart on Trip ADVISOR. Tick in the place you’re traveling to and select, RESTAURANTS. Then from there you can select your preferences and read reviews. BOOM!
When not presented with options, ask first for fresh fruit first before your meal then loads of veggies for your main. The fiber fills you up, provides energy and much needed vitamins to boost your immune system! CONSTIPATION is worst when traveling (hello Belly bloat and tummy pain) so load up on fiber! Next opt for some LOCAL protein (avoid soy), and top it off with a healthy fat like sauce with cashew, or some nuts (if in Asia), avocado, eggs WITH yolk or healthy oils drizzled over a salad!
NOTE: If fiber makes you feel WORSE or more BLOATED, you may have a condition called Small Intestine Bacterial Overgrowth. Common today, can be anywhere from relatively simple to a bit more complex to fix. I suffered from it for YEARS, but reversed it on my own! Read more about SIBO!
2) Make your own food at your hotel?
These are the conditions under which it makes it easier, which I do every time I travel.
- Ask the hotel ‘do you have refrigerators’? If they say no, ask if you can ‘rent’ one. Many places I’ve stayed internationally and in the US offer that for a small fee…like -20 extra per night (I’ve done this in Vegas a LOT).
- Head to a local grocery store to buy food or if you’re driving to the hotel from home, pack your freshies in a cooler. Week 1 of The Warrior Cleanse recipes are all TRAVEL FRIENDLY so it makes this easy to do…as long as you have a…
- Blender – pack your Nutri Bullet in your suitcase, and take THIS RECIPE with you. I’ve made it SUPER EASY to take it on the go with you!
3) Opt for GLUTEN FREE for your air flight! They not only serve you first but they don’t give you the toxic breads and junk carbs that drain and pain you, not to mention expand the waistline.
4) Pack healthy protein bars like these I love from THRIVE MARKET. In fact, here…why don’t you try them for FREE?
Get a shipment before you leave OR have them delivered to the hotel you’re staying at (USA only). Trail mix is ok, but skip the kinds loaded with sugar and dried fruit unless you want a yeast infection or UTI. Yeast and bacteria (that brings on the UTI) are fed by sugar, so be mindful of your daily intake. I recommend no more than 5g of sugar per 100 calorie serving and unless you’re an extreme athlete or have a physically demanding job, consuming less than 50 grams per day. I teach you how in The Warrior Cleanse, without feeling overwhelmed!
5) Here is the BLOG-VIDEO (ie VLOG) I recorded on this of the top 5 supplements to travel with as your ‘medicine cabinet’ without taking up too much space and while ensuring you make it to all of your desired adventures! There’s one I left behind I wish I packed on this trip so it was cool for me to blog for you warriors so you can be more prepared and protected for you and the little ones!
This pic was a nice meal I had at Alchemy, in Ubud, Bali…the healing and yoga capital of Asia! There are many healing clinics here and possibly, I will be helping with their detox programs which was an unplanned invitation and exciting opportunity! FOOD PORN ingredients: Spirulina yogurt, goji berries, coconut cream and cacao nuggets among many other amazing superfood sprinkles.
Does this help?
Other travel tips you can suggest?